Thursday, October 16, 2008

I thought I might post something before I went to Canada

(can't)erasenegative

“Where are my answers, where are my fucking answers?!” I was interested in a whole lot of shit, but fuck, the god damn internet wasn’t working yet. God dammit. He would if He could but He was too busy listening to a demo of Scott Stapp’s next shit to fuck. Fuck,

in the refrigerator
it was cold like my hands like my hands were in the refrigerator,
as cold as the outside of the window of the house that I was
in.

The motherfucking cable guy is not here, the fucker is fucking not here. Glenn, god daaaaaaaamit-tit-tit, you are my friend. Don’t fuck with my shit. Who wins I might not know, and I have to know. Paris is about to have a new best friend forever and my fucking friend for NOW!!! is not that great; shit. So when

I went to go look
in the cold for his truck or Jeep I thought
fuck is it cold and
kept thinking until until until until

“Damn it, you bastard!” I fucking yelled; the bitch across said No More! And there was too much street between us to prove her any lessons without Glenn around. Who’s going to be impressed by her blood anyway? Fuck, where is that dick? In your pants, you motherfucker! “I’ll write that one the fuck down…”

and the pad said that
it hurt to be used; or the ink was frozen; ‘at least use a pencil.'

4 comments:

Perseus_Stoned said...

A story that tells a story; good concept (although I believe you favor this type of construction).

My favorite line is, "And there was too much street between us to prove her any lessons without Glenn around".

This seems to be the plot (correct me please if I'm wrong): Internet isn't working while man tries to find answer, its cold as shit outside, man waits for cable guy to fix internet while blaming his friend Glenn (who also might be the cable guy he is looking for), then starts cursing while his neighbor looks on disapprovingly.

What is the significance of the final two lines?

Sam said...

Wonderful rhythm and pace man. It reads like you wouldn't believe. (Well I guess you would since you wrote it.)

Also, what John asked. I guess we really need to know what the answer is that he needs to understand that. But I think it stands better without an outright explanation of that. The enigma really works.

Nodima said...

Glenn is the cable guy, jsut a friend for now.


And I was getting talked to a lot about people talking hate about people they don't really know, and thinking about the internet in general and my little sister's MySpace friends...

So actually it was all about the internet and how you can't really take back what you say on the internet, and what if it was like that in person, everybody in the planet just another hater.

Nodima said...

And the last two lines specifically are just the lone voice of reason, but it's unable to actually talk back because it's just a pad, so the cycle of expecting instant fixes and overblown haterade will continue even though the guy's just living life and really shouldn't be so immediate.