Look, I'm a person. And, as a person, I have a tendency to be lazy. I know I wouldn't rather be sitting around playing video games, but that doesn't stop my ass from putting off studying until 4am in the morning as I smash that righteous Paladin dick with my lich-fist. What does such activity get me? Shit poor grades and a wish I had been doing *something* to improve my future during that time. Why does this have to do with you?
Well, to put it in a way that likely provides you guys with more of a confidence boost that you likely should get, you all are fantastic authors. As a matter of fact, on a list of my 20 favorite authors, I would probably have you guys all ranked up there. Not really in my top 10, but considering that you're all college students (and I have been reading a minimum of a book a week since I was 6) I think that's pretty good.
So here's the plan and its going to require some commitment. Let's push each other to write. Fuck those video games, those long showers where you go nothing but masturbate, lets create together. I'm not sure if all of you guys took Creative Writing in High School but I want something like that. Say, a work every two weeks. That seems manageable, right?
We all are fairly different people and fairly similar people and I think we'd be good together. So what do you say baby? Beyond just publishing works I'd like us to give each other feedback, offer each other ideas and alternatives, maybe even re-edit or put spin on another person's works. We don't need to agree philosophically, religiously, or politically, but we're all pretty intelligent (I'd say we're all above the curve intellectually and far away from it creatively) and I think we could really make this work.
So choose. Are you guys looking to start writing again? Do you need that push too? I don't want this to be some piece of crap "never-do-nothing" group, but I'm not looking for a serious commitment here either. Just an hour or two of blogging and a few (or more) hours of writing a month. We don't need to meet in person (though we can if you guys ever want to) and since we're all online a fair amount I figure this works the best.
If you want to accept I'd like you guys to choose a person's current "status" message on facebook and write something about it (poem, paragraph or two, short story, novel, whatever). Make fun of the person, humerously elaborate into "Worst day ever" for that dumb blonde who lost her cell phone, do what you want (even give us some backstory on the person, if it serves). Just show some personality and who you are to everyone else. Get to know each other.
As of right now I am inviting:
Sam Tritsch
Sam Petto
David Amidon
You guys are all way more alike than you'll probably get at first, though I definitely see some of your guys' strong stances clashing a few times.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment